The lighting used in the game ‘Full Bore’ is fascinating. The devs wrote a nice blog post about it. Reason enough for me to replicate the effect. In 2014 I did a succesful test (see the result on Youtube).
The code wouldn’t run in Monogame and the shader files wouldn’t compile in the native Monogame Content tool. Also the 2014 code was quite messy and other than just a proof of concept was hard to implement in a game.
So I went back to the drawingboard and rewrote everything so it can be used as a library in a game project. The result of my test project can be seen in the gif below:
I’m cleaning up the code a bit and
plan to upload it to Github if there is interest. The code is now available on Github!